I've been in Chapel Hill one time. I was glad to get out of there with my life.
Today I had business in Durham and Chapel Hill and decided to take some time to enjoy a walk the streets of downtown Chapel Hill. There was an electricity in the air for the game tonight . I was downtown on Franklin St. hoping to score a couple of tickets for the game but so were a hundred other people . I really like downtown Chapel Hill , a small town w/ a college stuck in the middle of it (similiar to Blacksburg) . I passed on dozens of restaurants chains , and typical college eateries and settled on Suttons Drug Store . Many yrs ago I used to do business w/ this store and it is still a landmark downtown . One of a dying breed of mom and pop drug stores w/ a lunch counter . The food was great , fresh and reasonably priced . There are 8x10's covering the walls like wallpaper . A virtual Whos Who in Chapel Hill over the last few decades . From Jordan to Dean Smith to Roy W. and a thousand other athletes that have eaten there over the yrs. This store has been there since 1923 and has great history . I would love to be on Franklin St. tonight after the game .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
I've been in Chapel Hill one time. I was glad to get out of there with my life.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Surely you jest! Jesse Helms was once questioned about a state zoo, and he responded that all they had to do was build a fence around Chapel Hill. The liberal bastion of NC...but I love Tarheel basketball...
Nope. First and last time I decide to leave 40 and enter that hellhole.
FWIW, Durham was worse.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
What do you expect? They're the liberal capitals of NC.
Durham is an armpit no doubt but CH is a nice town (political leanings aside) .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
There was an article in some national publication a few years ago that mentioned CH as the top place in the country to live and raise a family.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
of course it is...that is why many people call it "Heaven" and 9 miles down the road is "hell"-DUKE...God is a Tarheel fan, otherwise the sky would be a different shade of blue! haha
Sometimes it is another shade of blue..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks